Friday, April 2, 2010

My Name And I…

How many of you can relate yourselves to your name?! I know, when I think of myself, I don’t think about my name. It’s just me, me to myself! But when others think of me, the first thing that comes to their mind will definitely be my name!

From nowhere, I’ve got this question suddenly… “Am I nothing without my name?! Is my name, my only authentication?!” Even in this post I’ve used My Name And I instead of My Name And Me so that I become the subject, not the object! I want to be recognized beyond my name!

Do I sound weird?! Oh come, on… Please bear with me, this is one of the abstract thoughts that hit me every now and then!

But why?! May be because I want to be known for what I have done and my name has got nothing to with it! Confused?! Let me put it this way, I want to be identified by my soul and not by name! My parents named this soul Preethi. But it’s me who has grown and shaped this soul! Weird again?! Forget it!

Now, if somebody can imagine me, without my name and yet identify me, that would be an accomplishment for me!!! I would consider it an accomplishment, good enough for a life time!!!

How do I do it?! I’m searching for the answer…

 

(Enough of this confusing post, I guess! Hey I keep getting stupid thoughts like this very often! And this is the first time I’m blogging about it! Let’s see how many of you get these kind of ideas too!!!)

12 comments:

  1. Hai Preethi (i mean Ur Authentication Name given by ur parents ),really i like ur way of writting . But it'snt weird ... It's good Really good . But thz s not a Thought of Preethi... more than that...

    Nala Eluthuringa ... madam

    ReplyDelete
  2. LEMME CLARIFY 1 THING MACHI... V FIND IT EASIER TO CALL ALL UR ACHIEVEMENTS BY 1 NAME... N IT DOESNT MEAN THAT U HAVE NOT ACHIEVD LIK AS U MENTIOND :-). AM I CLEAR OR AS WEIRD LIK UR FREND? :-D. BUT 1 THING MACHI, VOCABULARY IS LIK dr.ELANGOVAN CHELLAPPA SIR. TATS A DEFINITE COMPLIMENT. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Geetha Whoa! That's a huge compliment buddy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the way English played in this blog.. Develop it more :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. then wt abt the name Figooo:) it suits yu optly :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. //I’ve used My Name And I instead of My Name And Me so that I become the subject, not the object! I want to be recognized beyond my name! nice articulation...

    hope beyond u get identification from ur name...ur name is now proud of u and ur english...i like it

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ராமானுஜம் Thank u very much! Means a lot to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting point made there! Thank you for putting it in words.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "if somebody can imagine me, without my name and yet identify me, that would be an accomplishment for me!"
    I feel everyone around us, identify us by our soul. For example., When I think of my friend Divya, all I feel is love and happiness gushing inside. That's because her name is Divya? No that's because of who she is , right 😀

    ReplyDelete