Sunday, October 2, 2011

5 things that made me smile...

It has been a while since I blogged. There have been a lot of incidences that made me smile in the last 4 months. It was then when I realized, moments that make us smile will be cherished more than moments than make us laugh. Here I am, recalling some of them.

1. I have an incredible set of friends. We didn't get to hang out much in the past few months. And when we did spend time together, we had so much fun and those minutes were filled with bantering! It usually creeps me out when somebody guesses what I'm up to, and more so, when they say "That's because I know you!". But I realized, a thoughtful gesture from a friend, and when I act surprised, the reply "Hey, I know you!" makes it such a beautiful moment. The most beautiful moment!

2. I spent about a little less than a month in the Paediatric ward. One morning I was just watching a newborn, when he was sleeping. All of a sudden I got to be a spectator to something splendid. I got to see the newborn yawn in his sleep and stretch a little. That made my day. The most beautiful moment!

3. One evening, it was a picture perfect moment here at Tirunelveli. We had a cool breeze, mild drizzle and a tinge of yellow on everything from the setting sun! The most beautiful moment!

4. My day would be incomplete if I hadn't logged into Twitter. Here are some of the most beautiful tweets I got to read recently
  • @NeelaVanam To whom does the plant belong~ to the bird that dropped the seed~ or to the master who owns the field?
  • @arattaigirl நீ சொன்ன பொய்கள் அனைத்தையும் நம்பினேனே... நான் சொல்லும் இந்த ஒரு பொய்யை நம்பக் கூடாதா?
  • @nelsonnium If there's a tear rolling down your cheek, and you haven't the slightest clue why, don't blame it on a tearduct leak, your soul just sighed.
  • @antoniOanbu வெளிச்சத்தை நோக்கிய ஒரு நீண்ட தேடலே இரவு
  • @nandu Your visit to an Indian wedding is incomplete if you've not scaled and proudly installed yourself on a towering stack of plastic chairs.

Since I had a blogpost written on giving up the habit of dealing with stuff in multiples of five, I'm stopping with writing about just 4 of the places where I smiled!

And there are always the freebies, that make me smile! (Read: Grin)

P.S. This post comes after desperate attempts from me to overcome my blogger's block!

1 comment: